If you would like to become a volunteer with Ottawa-Gatineau Wifi, please send us an email at email@example.com.
How to get involved with ogWiFi:
The best way to start contributing to ogWiFi is to come to our meetings and sign up for our email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other ways for you to get involved include:
1. Adopt a hotspot: If there’s an ogWiFi hotspot that’s near you, consider “adopting” it — by fixing it if it goes down, and helping out users who are having trouble connecting.
2. Make a donation: A few dollars can go a long way in inproving or expanding the ogWiFi network, so why not make a donation.
3. Recruit new venues: Find new places for us to set up ogWiFi hotspots! Parks, cafes, community centres, libraries, coops, restaurants, malls, housing projects, galeries, etc.
4. Create/find content for community pages: Help us put great, locally-oriented information on our community portal pages. Be a blogger-in-residence, research local history, take photos, or propose something totally new!
5. Translation: We can always use translaters in both official languages.
6. For Geeks: String up cables, install routers, help us improve WifiDog, etc. If you have experience with PHP, PostgreSQL, embedded Linux, RSS feeds, content management systems, or GIS (to name a few) we could use your help! email@example.com
7. Graphic Design: We are always looking for graphic designers to help us with posters, icons, logos and web site look and feel
8. Antenna Building: We have a small working group on antenna building developing and they could use machinists, metal workers and help with installations.
There are so many ways to get involved that it would be a shame not to! If you have any idea or concerns please contact us.