We need to create a toolbox for our volunteers to use when they will go to install and connect a router.
- Screwdrivers of all sorts
- Cordless Drill
- Brace and Bit with 12 to 18 inch bits 1/4 and 3/8. (Don)
- Ethernet cable (CAT 5)
- 2 Staple Guns Arrow Gun Tackers T25 and T18 plus assortment of staples for telephone wire and Cat 5 cable. Added by (Don)
- WiFi signal detector (Not essential but useful) (Don)
- Extension cable (Power Cord)
- Hammer (BIG ONE! in case something doesn’t work properly)
- RJ-45 Crimpers and End Connectors (not an elcheapo please)
- Ethernet Cable Tester (not necessary but useful) Very inexpensive (i.e. cheap) and quite expensive models are available.(Don)
- ADSL Modem (I (Emil) have one that can report line stats and all that so we can see if the hotspots will be stable or will be experiencing some sync problems. I need a power supply for it. 12V AC ?? Anybody??? )
…to be continued.
… comments Emil, what is the model of your ADSL Modem (Don)
Note: The box doesn’t exist right now. So no need to ask how to borrow it. 🙂